Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Released

I woke up with the sun at 6AM.  I turned on the TV and watch early morning programming.  More on Baltimore, Nepal and the Mt. Everest climbers.  Also the traffic report showed that I wasn't missing anything and was glad to be left out.

Sandy came in and tried pushing more pills to no avail and asked if I had ordered breakfast.  I had not, so she gave me room service.  Calling down, the person who does my floor hadn't come back yet, "but will right up when he does".  Not too long after he was up taking my order from their limited menu. "Breakfast will be up at 7", he said.

A different nurse came in and told me that the hospital was going to be giving me my daily meds, but they didn't have one of mine in stock.  So I was instructed to just take that one.  OK.  I normally take them when I get up so I took that one - only.  Apparently the meds are given at 10. Whatever.  I need coffee.

Seven came and so did the breakfast.  Plain cream of wheat, warm but not crisp french toast, three bacon strips, orange juice and coffee.  I ate/drank everything.  I updated Facebook, 'liked' comments, checked email, sent some "I'm alive" emails to coworkers and made some calls to family and friends.

Every three hours - check the vitals and push those drugs.  I called Dr. Moore's office to check in and remind them of my FMLA paperwork and soon was greeted by the day nurse (not as friendly as the others - and not a drug pusher either).

Doctor Moore stopped by and shook my hand.  He asked if I remembered his stopping by after the operation because I seemed very groggy.  I told him yes.  Once again he said that things had worked out well and that Dr. Chatson will be monitoring the drain and determining when it can be removed.  He asked that I schedule an appointment [I thought he said] a week.

Mary came in and said that I would be released after lunch.  She would be processing my discharge paperwork and would be in around noon.  YAY! I arrange for a ride home and waited until my lunch arrived which I ate/drank everything.

Around noon, Mary came in with a pile of documents for me to take (for my records) and a discharge summary, which she reviewed.  I received a script for pain pills and was informed that a visiting nurse would be contacting me because I live alone.

I was wheeled out and left at the curb.  My ride took me to Walgreens where I filled my script and I was finally home.  Watched some TV, read the paper and took a three hour nap.  Had a salad watched some more TV and went to bed.  Every three hours I instinctively woke up (damn them) but manged to make it useful by visiting the bathroom. Slept better overall, but couldn't turn on my left side which caused my neck to go out on my right.  No Chiropractor scheduled until next week ;-(

The biggest bummer of the day was when I stepped on the scale and found I gained 5 pounds.  How? I hope it's water weight.  I didn't eat much over the last few days.  I was hoping to see five pounds LESS.

I have a follow up appointment with Dr. Chatson this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment