Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Weekend update

As directed, I called into Dr. Chatson's office to report my 'output' from the drain.  Unfortunately, the output was still too much for the drain to be removed.  What that means to me: I still can't bathe; the drain area where it's into my body is still sensitive; I'll still need to record the output through the weekend; I'll be 'enjoying' the warmer weather feeling dirty and restricted in motion with spurts of uncomfortable and sometimes aching pain; I won't be returning to work Monday.  That's what healing is all about. However, all this has been manageable and I've not had to take the pain pills.

During my discharge, there was mention about the need for mobility to reduce the risk of blood clots. I was told to take aspirin for blood thinning and walk.  So, I've been walking about a mile a day.  When at work, I can average 3 miles per day traipsing up and down three floors, but a steady walk of one mile through various gradations should be beneficial. [No clots please.]

Now I wait for Monday and  hopefully the removal of the drain.  I'm hoping to hear when I can return to work seeing I've been scolded by HR because I've been logging in from time to time.

Through this, everyone has been wonderfully supportive.  This outpouring brings me great comfort and gratitude for caring friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment