Total Pageviews

Friday, November 18, 2022

Semi-Annual with Dr. Song

Busy week this week with doctor appoints and hospital related pre-op registration, blood tests, urine tests, genetic cancer screening (tele-health) and so many SATs.

It was time to see Dr Song at Mass Eye And Ear, Waltham.  Not a fan of early morning appointments, but it was a reschedule so I had to take what was available.  So, I joined the ranks of morning commuters on the highways today.  I do not miss the commute.  People are so aggressive and have no driving manners.  But I gave myseld an hour and I arrived with some time to spare.

I checked in, sat and waited to be called.  At about 10:00 (the appointment was at 9:30), I heard someone call Richard.  The guy next to me stood up.  Wow, two Richards next to one another.  Luckily, I had the correct birth date, but he wasn't happy.  I guess he was there before me and his body language spoke volumes.

Generally I see a number of medical professionals who administer various tests.  The first one took just a few minutes and I was told to go back to the waiting room.  About 5 mins. later, I hear "Richard".  This time he spoke up and said which one?  Lucky me, I had the winning birth date.  Once again, he was visually pouting.  I was given an eye test and finally some dilating drops and was sent back to the waiting room.  By this time the other Richard was snoring.  I chuckled to myself.  As my eyes began to be affected by the bright lights he was finally called in.  I guess he wasn't happy to be disturbed at this point so he walked heavily to his exam room. [Wonder how his driving habits are?]

I was finally called into see Dr Song at 11:30.  The doctor said everything looked good.  The eye pressure was 17 in both eyes.  I take daily drops to reduce the pressure in my right eye.  So the pressure was reduced form a reading of 33 previously.  Good news.  But..... the capsule on my left eye was beginning to get cloudy.  I was told of the possibility of this happening prior to my last laser surgery and lens implant.  According to the doctor, the same thing happened on my other eye and I had the follow-up surgery to correct.  [I honestly don't recall that.  So it was so minor or it didn't happen.  I'll have to review my postings.  But it doesn't matter at this point.]

I'm scheduled for a YAG capsulotomy left eye on February 6th, 2023 at Surgisite, in Waltham. I have a post op follow up on 2/17/23 8AM (yuck)

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment