Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Feeling Thankful

Feeling Thankful

I received a call at 4PM from Dr. Ingham's office just verifying that I would be available and to ensure that my insurance or other things haven't changed.  I was told that the doctor would call me after he was done with his in-person patient.
 
At 4:20 Dr. Ingham called.  I was all set for him with pen and paper to take notes. He got right into it after thanking me for having the scans done (up my way).  
He said:
- Scan of lungs look normal.  No masses or enlarged lymph nodes were seen.
- Scan of abdominal and pelvic area showed no metastatic growth.  (Meaning there is no sign of cancer spreading). No lesions were found in the kidney.  The drainage portion looked fine (it shares some of the cells of the bladder). The diverticulum (the outer pouch where the cancer is) looked less prominent than what the ultrasound showed. He was concerned with some thickening of the wall, but he indicated that sometimes it's not that clear with these scans.

The scans did show some cysts in the kidney, but he said not to worry about that. He did indicate that my aorta was slightly enlarged and suggested I let my vascular surgeon know.  [I know after my AAA repair, the sac was enlarged and was slowly beginning to shrink.  I have an appointment in a few months.  I'll mention it then.] Also, he said I have a hiatal hernia.  I had mentioned that I had a discussion with my primary care physician once I noticed this in my chart.  Dr. Ingham said it may be related to my GERD (reflux). I have a wellness appointment in a few months, I'll mention that.

He was, however,  concerned with a few things, and wants me to have an MRI.  After a review, he did indicate the need for another cystoscopy so he can have a better view of the anatomy.  From his latest observation the opening of the diverticulum is very close to the urator.  The proximity will define the surgery I'll be having.

Both the MRI and Cystoscopy are out patient.  However, the cystoscopy will require my being in the operating room.  I'm waiting for his office to contact me on scheduling.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment