Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Round 3 Of 3

Well I had a similar feeling of the last day of school after getting my 3rd dose of BCG. It took awhile but hind-sight; where did that time go?  But, I've completed this 'course' and the big exam will be on Leap Day.  I'm hoping for a clean bill of health.

Getting to this point hasn't been easy.  Dealing with the weather and health obstacles there were a few times where I thought I couldn't complete the regimen. During my previous maintenance (Sept/Oct), I had a few rough tolerance and recovery challenges.  I was prepared for that this time, but after my first round, I was able to soldier through and had a quick recovery.  However, subsequent treatments seemed to get tougher to cope with.  

After my second dose, thinking it was my body working to recover, I seemed to have had a bad reaction to the treatment, the flu, a cold or something.  I had no indication that it might be Covid.  I did test last Thursday just to rule it out.  And I tested negative.  As the days moved along, I felt much sicker.  It was suggested that I test again a few days later.  Lo and behold, I tested positive for Covid.

This was my second time with Covid.  Last time was January 2022.  That was mild compared to this.  But once I knew what the route cause of my illness was, I began to feel better incrementally.  Although I was aching, sneezing, runny-nosed, coughing, hoarse and phlegmy I began feeling a bit better each day.  I did have a few live streams, but decided it was in my best interest to cancel a showcase and jam session I had scheduled with friends in Maine.  

Sunday I seemed to come to life.  I was able to take my walk and do some errands (masked).  I felt almost back to normal on Monday.  Tuesday, I resumed my live stream and had no problems doing an hour set.  That brings me to today (Wednesday).

We had a bit of snow, but mostly nuisance snow not worthy of a shoveling.  The ride to the doctor's office, of course, was interrupted by a passing train.  I had to deal with a full parking lot.  At check in, they couldn't find me in their system.  So I had to produce my ID and insurance cards so they could be scanned.  Another employee took note of this and stepped in and 'found me'.  They did say they needed to update their records for the new year so providing my ID and insurance needed to be done.

I provided my obligatory specimen then was called in.  Once again I had the same examination room.  I had mentioned that it should be renamed since it's my personal exam room.  Not even a chuckle acknowledgement.  I guess no one wanted a laugh today.

I prepared for the instillation and waited swaddled in my napkin. Jenn the Physician's Attended arrived and we exchanged pleasantries.  She got right to work and was finished before I knew she started. After verifying my next cystoscopy date, she bid me adieu.

I arrived home and immediately began my marination.  I almost made the two hour basting, but had to cut it short by 5 minutes, because I just could hold it in anymore. [To be honest, I believe I went more than two hours because my kitchen timer didn't ring twice so, I may have been racking up more time than I thought.]

As recovery goes, compared to last week's difficulty...so far this has been easy.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment