Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 10, 2024

September Morn

Love New England, especially in early September.  Generally the days are sunny and warm and the evenings, although a bit darker, are cool and great for sleeping. Last night I got some much needed sleep.  I had four booster shots on Sunday (Covid; RSV; Pneumonia: and Flu).  I don't usually get multiples, but I decided it was wise to get it done.  The worst part was the sore arms (both).  Being a side sleeper, Sunday was basically sleepless in Haverhill.  Although the arm pains have dissipated (pretty much), last night was good, sleep-wise.

Today I had my in-office cystoscopy with Dr Previte in North Andover.  I had completed my three rounds of BCG in July and today was 'look-see', to see if the treatments are keeping the bladder cancer away.

I arrived for my appointment on this gorgeous day.  Parking lot was packed so I ended up finding a place on the far end of the building.  Beautiful day for a walk.  Of course there was basically no one in the lobby.  I waited to check in and was charged a co-pay and 'paid up' my outstanding debt.  I still can't figure it out, but I'm paid.  Now I'll have to see if I get a check from Medicare again.

I gave my sample and waited to be called.  After a bit, my name was called and while walking to yet another examination room, I was quizzed on my personal information.  At least this room was not like the meat locker.  If anything, it could have used more air exchange, but it is what it is. I prepared myself and awaited the arrival of Dr Previte. 

The doctor arrived and reviewed my chart and verified a few things then got to work.  I was not able to see the monitor screen this time, but I was attuned to his utterances. He didn't seem to make any 'bad' sounds.  He did say that I had two diverticulars.  (First I heard of it).  He exclaimed that all the tissue was clean.  He spent extra time looking in the diverticulums and said they look good.  He removed his instruments.

Upon updating my file, he said that I had one more round of BCG and another cystoscopy to go.  He did say that he wants another cat-scan.  He mentioned that sometimes cancer is in the kidney, but wanted to rule that out.  This was troubling, but his due diligence is appreciated.  He said I would receive a call for the BCG dates and scheduling of the cat-scan.

When I got home, I had a voice message indicating that the next round will begin in November and a cystoscopy for December 19th.  I still have the cat-scan to be scheduled before 12/19.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment