Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

More stitches removed

Beautiful sunshine today.  The last few days have been kind of dreary.  That kind of weather really isn't conducive to one who has been restricted to shallow baths.  There's only so much magic you can do to your hair - especially when it needs to be cut. I'm too embarrassed to have the stylist work on it until I have a chance to do some deep shampooing.  Maybe today?

I had my follow up appointment with Dr Chatson to have the remainder of my stitches removed.  Upon removal of the bandages, I was given a hand held mirror so I could see his pointing out the scabbing I had.  He cautioned me that this could cause some scarring.  [Really? It looks like I had a C-Section and I'm worried about a little scarring on the nipple?]  I guess he just wants to be transparent and forthcoming.  Time will tell.

Because of the scabbing, he was also concerned with infection, so I'm to apply an over-the-counter ointment twice daily and keep a dry bandage over the affected area.  But, he did say I could shower.  YAY!

I have a follow up next week.  Please, please, no infections.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment