Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Summer Solstice Scoop

Happy Summer!

As my literary alliteration suggests, I had a 6 month follow-up with Dr. Pare, my vascular surgeon who has been monitoring my Abdominal Aeortic Aneurysm (Triple A). I have to be honest, I was a bit nervous and anxious to hear the results of today's ultrasound.

It was very busy in the office, but I hardly waited 5 minutes before being called.  I was instructed to follow the medical professional to an all too familiar room with the ultrasound 'thing'.  I was told, "Dr. Pare will be right with you."

Shortly after, Dr. Pare arrived and greeted me with an handshake and an inquiry on 'how I was doing'.  I had mentioned that since our last visit, I had had cataract surgery.   He asked how that went, and I responded, "It went well." Apparently my multiple reconstruction surgeries seemed to be missing from my report, but as I lay down, he noticed  my "Cesarean scars" and asked, "What happened here?" I then brought him up to speed.

Dr. Pare 'fired up' the ultrasound and began 'looking around'.  Each time he stopped to spend more time in an area I was waiting for a verbal queue or tell-tale utterance that would indicate an unwanted report.  It seemed to last an eternity.  Finally, he said, "I have good news.  No change.  Let's take another look in December.  Have a great summer."

Fantastic news!

No comments:

Post a Comment