Total Pageviews

Friday, January 7, 2022

Well 2022 isn't starting off so well

Well 2022 isn't starting off so well

Was supposed to have a tele-health follow-up with Dr. Ingham on 12/27.  Got a notification that it needed to be rescheduled.  I could have sworn the scheduler said Friday 12/31, but I was wrong.  It ended up being today.

According to Dr Ingham, the MRI looked OK and there was no concerning findings.  However, the doctor did say that on one of the 'views' it looked like I had a 6mm nodule near the juncture of the diverticulum and the urator.  He said that it was only seen on one of the views, so it could be something, or maybe not.

The next steps (and this was planned), I'm going in for an operating room cystoscopy, where the doctor can get in there and look around.  He said that if he does see the node, he'll scrape out and send it to pathology.  Because this procedure requires my being sedated, I'll have to have someone drive me in and drive me home. I was concerned with the need for a catheter and he said he doesn't think it will be needed.  But if I do need it, he'd make arrangements with Dr Hurley's office to have it removed so I don't have to trek to Brighton.

Unfortunately due to the current omicron surge, there are staffing shortages and elective procedures will have to wait.  He said this is non-elective, so it's a matter of fining a slot.  So I wait.

I did have a follow-up cystoscopy with Dr Hurley, but Dr Ingham said to cancel that seeing I'll be having one (hopefully soon)

On another front, I was notified that I have been exposed to Covid.  I was advised to get tested.  Conveniently for me the Aamvets down the street was having a walkin-in clinic.  I went yesterday and waited outside in the cold for nearly 3 hours.  I haven't heard any results yet.  However, I have been experiencing a runny nose, slight sore throat and sporadic coughing.  I'm generally fatigued.  I don't have a fever and I can smell and taste.  I've been in isolation since Wednesday.

There is also a nasty cold going around so it could be that.  I'm vaxxed and boosted, so I'm hopeful it will be mild if I do have it. Scary times indeed.  And I've always been safe and haven't attended any live performances except one.  It was only me and another and we are both vaxxed.  We used our own mics and wore masks, however there were a few times that I forgot to put it back on.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment