Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2022

Next Procedure In The Works

Since my last post, I did have some moderate bleeding that started Halloween night around 9PM and seemed to 'almost stop' by midnight.  The following day I did have some 'color' but it cleared up. All seemed fine until November 10th when I was shocked to see blood again.  It was moderate but gradually cleared up after a few days.  Very disconcerting, even though I was told that I may have bleeding.  But, I was prepared for bleeding near the time of my BGC treatments.  My last one was October 12th, so a month later to have bleeding seemed to me odd.

Today, I had an appointment to provide a urine sample to ensure that I wasn't still bleeding or had another UTI.  In the past I had a call back the same day and was prescribed an antibiotic.  Still no word, so I'm taking it as a good sign.

At this writing, I'm scheduled to appear at Holy Family in Methuen on 11/22.  I've arranged a ride but I won't know the time of arrival until the day before.  I'm assuming it will be very early as previous procedures.  Given my recent bleeding I'm optimistic for good or expected results, but mentally prepared if the doctor needs to remove new tumors.  I just hope that the cancer hasn't spread to the muscles or I will need to stay over night and be forced to wear the 'bag' for 5 days.  So close to Thanksgiving, Murphy's Law will be in full affect I'm sure.

It is what it is.  More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment