Total Pageviews

Monday, September 14, 2015

Sore, but getting there

I've been working on raising my energy level and increasing my stamina to where I feel I can accomplish a physical task without having to have to sit and catch up.  I've begun doing my daily exercises and am working toward my being able to take long walks.

To prepare, I've been walking up and down the cellar stairs for 10 sets a day.  The daily routine I had for morning exercises, at first made me very sore.  I'm so tight.  A routine previously flown through before going to work seems to take longer than I anticipated.  But I' m getting through it. Initially I thought that the tamoxifen was causing blood clots because I was having pains in my calves.  But further research on clots and DVT (deep vein thrombosis) ruled that out. I'm just sore.

Today I ventured out on a small hike to the mailbox and ended up walking about a mile.  That last stretch was bit taxing, but the weather was conducive to walking so I soldiered on. I'll see what muscles scream tomorrow.

I've also been playing the guitar more and for longer periods, but my back is still getting tired. I'm hoping that more walking will help that set of muscles. My calluses are getting back into shape and the numbness in my thumb and forefinger (although still present), seems to be getting 'better'.  From time to time I get pains in areas previously numb (surgical area too) but I think the nerves are growing back.  I'm getting more sensation.

I'm still a cue ball and still only shave every few days, but I am beginning to get stubble on my head.  I don't see any color other than white.  But it's still early.

More steps forward and fewer steps backwards for a change.

Thanks for reading.  More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment