Total Pageviews

Friday, September 25, 2015

Feeling stronger everyday

Since my last post, I've been trying to reinstate my daily regimen of exercise and walking to increase my energy level and stamina.  Initially this renewed effort caused me to have 'bad days' as my body tried to recuperate.  However, those 'bad days' seem to be few and far between.

The change in the weather has been conducive to my walking.  Some days I walk about six miles, but overall I average about 3-4 miles a day.  I make sure my route is varied and contains a good amount of 'up-hill' walking.  I did venture to walk around Round Pond (a local name - but the official name is Pentucket Lake).  After making it half-way across, I took a breather and sat on a park bench.  Maybe a bad idea (or at least a lesson learned), but I didn't know if I had the energy to continue and head home.  Luckily, I was able to 'walk through it'.  This tells me that I still have a way to go.

I've been playing the guitar daily (a few hours here and there), but I still get tired of standing after about a half hour.  I do sit and continue playing though.  I'm very pleased with my progress of getting my chops back and am thrilled that the neuropathy in my thumb and forefinger has nearly dissipated.  [Just one lingering spot on my finger, but the more I play, the better it gets.] Unfortunately, I haven't been concentrating on vocal exercises.  However, I plan to work that into my daily routine.

I still have some food aversions.  My diet has changed from before the start of this ordeal.  But I was encouraged the other day when I had a huge craving for freshly cut peppers, broccoli and tomatoes with vegetable dip.  So good.  Hopefully I can work my way back to my daily salad.  I still can't even stomach the thought of oranges.  And those that know me are aware of my propensity to always have these vitamin C orbs as an ever-available staple.  Maybe soon.  I'd rather have liquid vitamin C versus the tablet.

For every action there is a consequence.  I'm hoping that my increase in exercise is the cause of some new aches and pains in my back and flanks.  Also, my shift in diet (again) may be causing some lower GI 'disturbances'.  I truly hope that neither are related.  It's tough having to be super-sensative to your body and have these 'things' crop up.  Until then I'll need to follow the rule of thumb and hope it goes away in a week (or two) before bringing it to the attention of my physician(s).

My hair has begun to grow.  I can feel a serious 5 o'clock shadow on my head, but it's still white so it's had to see - so I'm still looking like Kojak.  I'm noticing that my beard needs shaving more often (more than every 3-4 days).

So I am doing better and I'll continue to push myself.

Thanks to all for your support and readership.  More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment