Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 1, 2015

A new month - more work to do and new challenges ahead

Last week there was virtually no foliage color. Any color that manifested was basically muted and lacked the vibrancy of previous Fall displays.  It was said that drought conditions and extended occurrences of 'warmer than average' temperatures would render this year's offering as less than spectacular. 

What happened?  We had a lunar eclipse - a blood super moon nonetheless.  Not sure if Facebook status updates or moon shots brought down FB the day following, but things were changing.  Almost over night color emerged.  Technically late, but there have been some pockets of vibrancy.  We also had a real drenching (3 inches of rain in my part of the world).  Those that had to drive in it had their own challenges.  [Not missing the commute.] But this too may just be a harbinger of even more rain.  Depending on who you watch (or hear), Joaquin could wreak much havoc. [Let's hope it blows out to sea.]  We'll just have to wait and see - but be prepared.

Taking advantage of seasonal weather, I've been walking (still).  The lower 'GI' thing I was experiencing seemed to have corrected itself, but the pains in my back (flank) have persisted.  It doesn't seem to bother me while doing exercises, or while walking, but certain movements will bring a stabbing pain.  I can't seem to locate or pinpoint where it is coming from, but it does happen when I decide to 'bust a move' when a good beat is played on the radio.  Maybe I need to dance more.

My hair is growing back and my head looks fuzzy - but white still.  The beard needs daily care - again,  although I'm thinking of growing something.  [This may change as I look scruffier.]  I'm still experiencing some sloughing in my mouth and my lips feel weird.  Not chapped, but feel like they are beginning to be, so I've been using lip balm.  I've re-read the side effects of Tamoxifen again and this is not noted, so I attribute this as my body's way of recuperating.  I'll monitor and report to my doctor if needed.  But once again, my heightened sense of body awareness borders on hypochondria at times.

Musically I've been playing guitar and keyboards daily (for longer periods of time).  I tried singing full voice the other day and became hoarse.  Too much too soon.  After a rest, I'll need to return to vocal exercises before trying to go full force.

I have a pre-op appointment scheduled for mid month for my reconstructive surgery.  If all goes according to plans, I'll be having my first surgery mid November.  I'm hopeful that it will not interfere with Thanksgiving festivities, but it is what it is. In the interim I'll be enjoying my second favorite season (Spring is first) and looking for all things Halloween - my favorite holiday.  I will need to reign in my ramp-up to the holiday so I can focus on long-term activities related to health.

Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment