Total Pageviews

Friday, October 9, 2015

Progress Report

I'm very pleased, although I know there is more to come, but I've actually felt 'good' for an extended period of time (days).  I've continued my walks with much less recovery time needed after completing my 3 - 6 mile jaunts.  It's been nice to see the season morph before my eyes (albeit slowly). The foliage is beginning to change, but as predicted, the vibrancy just isn't there ... yet.

I've taken on some of my procrastinations:
  • I finally went to BJ's to get my eye glass prescription filled.  I guess that waiting did have its advantages since a 60% sale was taking place.  I saved a bundle and it wasn't with Progressive or Geico. [Bad pun]  
  • It was also time for my 10 K check up for the car and it was nice to be able to do it during the week versus a Saturday morning.  Although I did spend almost two hours at the dealership watching Annie (the movie). I munched on butter cookies and had lots of free coffee. 
  • The torrential rains of last week turned the lawn green again, so I mowed it. No problems with energy or stamina this time.  [Yay!]
  • I finally decided to have work performed on one of my guitars.  It needs two new potentiometers, switch, nut, bridge and saddle.  The neck is out of alignment also.  It's time.

I've continued my regimen of musical and vocal practice and have been fruitful in writing a few tunes.  Unfortunately, some batteries I left in my digital recorder decided to leak so badly that they won't come out of the compartment. I ordered a replacement online and when it arrives I hope to be able capture some of this lightening in a bottle so I can refine my ideas into finished product.  In the interim, I'm creating musical charts so I can begin to work on melody and lyrics.

Speaking of leaking batteries, my digital camera fell to the same fate.  During the lunar eclipse I thought that the camera would do a better job than my phone at capturing this historic event. Upon my attempt to power it up, it was dead. Checking the batteries I was greeted with corrosion.  They say things come in threes.  I can't wait to see what else is ruined. [NOT]

I'm behind on my Halloween acquisitions. Generally it's a constant 'keep an eye out' ordeal (no pun intended).  But my focus on health issues has moved that to the back seat.  It's not like I don't have enough already.  But, it's so hard to wear last year's stuff again.  I did pick up a few things, so maybe I'll need to get creative.  After all, I still have (basically) no hair.  So I could work a bald head into something.  We'll see.  Nosferatu perhaps?

Last weekend I was able to catch the Fitch's Brew band in Lowell.  It was nice to see so many familiar faces (friends and musicians).  It was a little weird for me at times though, because I knew the songs and arrangements. This is the band I left in February when I found out about my cancer.  I had a great time.  They sounded awesome.

Miscellaneous stuff
My hair is beginning to come back. I decided to grow some facial hair (Van Dyke).  It's coming in much faster than the hair on my head.  So I'm going for it.

I received a call the other evening (close to 9) from Dr. Mehta.  He was calling to check in on me and my vision issues. If you recall, almost two months ago I left a message with his office to report that I was having changes in my vision.  I never heard back.  But, I had scheduled an appointment with the eye doctor which subsequently revealed my having cataracts.

Dr. Mehta said that he would be surprised to have this side effect from Tamoxifen so soon, but he was concerned and asked that I monitor this.  I told him that I was in agreement with him.  I added that the eye doctor said that I probably had (the beginnings) for close to a year.  This is well before my dealings with cancer or my taking Tamoxifen.  Probably my super-sensitivity to my body could have drawn attention to this existing condition.

I have my pre-op for reconstruction scheduled for next week.  I'm certain that appointment will prompt a blog update. Until then, have a pleasant Columbus Day weekend and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment