Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Icing on the cake?

I had my 6 month follow-up with Dr. Chatson today.  All staff members had mentioned that they couldn't believe it's been that long since my last visit.

After my vitals check, Dr. Chatson's assistant, Jude was making some chit-chat as she recorded my results.  She had mentioned that Kelley, the Physician's Assistant had recently departed the practice.  A new P.A. is now on board, but I did not meet her - yet. Jude left me and indicated that Dr. Chatson would be right in.

And it was true, he came right in.  After exchanging pleasantries he asked me to remove my shirt(s). As I was disrobing, he said, "I was looking at your chart notes and we were going to see if the new nipple needed to be reduced or if any other 'sculpting' was needed." Upon seeing my bare chest he exclaimed, "This looks very good.  I'm happy with the shaping (sculpting) and the nipple had receded (somewhat).  So there's no need for a reduction."  I was happy to hear this, since I was not looking forward to any more cutting and healing. He then asked me to re-dress. While I was dressing he explained the next step - tattooing. 

He said, "Tattooing is a half hour procedure performed under local anesthetic where I will attempt to get the aureola and nipple color as close to the other."  He asked that I schedule something after January.  He wished me a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and said he'd see me early next year.

On my way out the receptionist was already looking for a time for my tattooing and finally settled on February 22nd. So this next step will be very cosmetic, much like icing on the cake. 

More to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment