Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

I'm ready for my close up, Mr Demille

Had my post tattoo follow up with Dr. Chatson today.  My tattoo was inked mid February, so he wanted me to come in, 'in a few months' to see how the finished product came out.  It's amazing what multiple plastic surgeries can do and a tattoo.  Other than some scars (that will fade with time), everything looks great.

He seemed please with the results also.  He rushed to get his camera.  Dr. Chatson had been taking pictures of the before, during and after phases of my reconstruction.  I'll be in his 'book' he shows to perspective patients. Of course there is no face shot, just that of 'the work'.

After he took a few shots some head on, some angled, he shook my hand and said it was a pleasure getting to know me.  He wished me luck and said there was no need to see him again unless there is a change that concerns me.

It's been almost two years since my first surgery (mastectomy).  It's been quite the journey, but time has sped by.  I can now close the chapter on my reconstruction.

Other medical updates:

After two weeks of a hellish recovery from my Triple A procedure, I have begun to return to some form of normalcy in week three.  My energy level has been tough to maintain, but I have been able to walk (almost daily) for about 3 miles.  Some days I make it past 4 miles.

Some of my side effects seem to have abated. 
  • My back pain and flank pain has improved greatly although it's still there.  I believe being mobile helps lessen this.  
  • I am beginning to return to normal sleep patterns.  I'm now sleeping about 7-8 hours a night versus the 15 I had experienced during the first two weeks.
  • Still unexplained, my neuropathy in my thumb and finger flared up but is now calming down.  So strange.  I did pick up my guitar last Saturday for the first time.  A little rusty, but I've been playing more often.  I need to get back to playing piano and singing.  
  • I've notice my voice is very tight (and out of shape).  The hoarseness I had seems to have abated, so I think it's time to start vocal exercises.
  • I haven't resumed my daily in-house exercises yet although I should be doing that too.

I have a CT scan and a follow-up visit with Dr. Schanzer on May 1st. An update on this will be forthcoming.

More to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment