Total Pageviews

Monday, September 13, 2021

Another follow-up

Another follow-up 

It's been a week since I had my eye surgery.  I had my one week follow-up with Dr Song at Mass Eye & Ear in Waltham. Traffic wasn't too bad and I arrived at my desired time.  Gorgeous day today.  

Inside, the waiting room wasn't as busy as my last time, but the front desk wasn't covered, so I waited for a few minutes before someone checked me in.  No biggie.  I was told to have a seat and wait to be called.  

Just as every visit, I see a number of nurses, doctors and medical professionals before seeing Dr Song.  I wasn't there too long before I heard my name, "Richard P".  Unfortunately, there was another patient with the same name, so the medical professional asked me to whisper my date of birth.  Once I did she said, "This is the Richard P., I want".  The other guy was upset and claimed to have been waiting 2 hours.  Of course, he was given an apology and was told that it shouldn't be too long.

I was brought over to a machine that took some eye measurements.  Then the attendant said, "Oops! Stay where you are the machine ran out of paper."  (Of course).  After refilling the paper holder, she needed to repeat the tests.  No biggie.  I was then instructed to follow her to an examination room.

In the examination room, more vision tests were administered.  I was having some difficulty with the smaller letters. Then a huge eye machine was put in place and I was asked if vision improved as she flipped different lenses.  I'm guessing it's to determine an eye prescription.  She seemed pleased and said that my newly operated eye was 20/20.  Impressive.  She then administered dilating eye drops and instructed me to wait in the waiting room.

Not too long after, my name was called and I followed to another examination room and was told that Dr. Song would be in briefly.  Soon after, the doctor arrived and after exchanging pleasantries, and asking how I was doing, he said that things were progressing as he expected.   He looked into my eyes with various light emitting devices and made audible 'pleased' sounds.  He then said that all my restrictions have been lifted and took me off two of my 4 eye drop meds.  He said I no longer have to use the eye guard when I sleep (Now that's a biggie). He added that I should take the remaining meds until they run out and follow the reduction schedule for the prednisone.  He said he'd see me in 3 weeks.  He did mention that I may need to undergo another laser procedure to clear up any cloudiness (like we did last time).  But we will know more in a few weeks.  I do recall that I was having some glare and halo effects and I believe I had laser again. He asked if I had any questions.  I asked how long it would take to be credited for the price of the Toric lens that I didn't get.  He said it normally doesn't take long.  I mentioned that I still had not seen it on my online statement.  He looked surprised and said he would remind 'them'

I checked out and received a date for my next visit in October.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment