Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 2, 2021

Schedules, schedules, schedules!!!

Schedules, schedules, schedules!!!

Received a call from a "restricted' telephone number. I didn't answer it since 99% of my incoming calls are robo-callers or scammers.  If it's legit (and sometimes not), the caller will leave a voice message.

I checked my voice mail and Kiara from Doctor Hurley's office requested that I call her back as soon as I could.  She left a call back number (and I'm glad she repeated it since she said it so fast I could get it all the first time).

I called the number and was asked if I could be placed on hold.  Yes, I said.  A few moments later the representative picked up and asked if she could help me.  I asked to speak with Kiara and was quickly told a that she wasn't in the office today.  Odd???   I then told the attendant that she had just called me and provided this number.  I was told that Kiara is Dr. Hurley's scheduler, but in another office.  She said she would message her to call me back.  Efficiency at its finest!

Not too long after, the phone rang and I reluctantly answered it, not wanting to get caught in a scam.  So I was prepared to give short answers without a 'yes' or an 'OK" since it's been reported that scammers will record that sound byte and use it as proof that you agreed to something nefarious.  Well she did identify herself as Kiara.  After verifying it was me (last name and DOB), she said she had a time for my cystectomy procedure.  However it was for 8:30 AM on September 8th.  I told her that I had a follow-up appointment for my cataract surgery that morning.  She paused and said, "He only does these procedures once a month.  The next one would be October 13th, but at Holy Family in Methuen."  

Having no other option, I said yes, then asked what time?  I was told that the procedure would be at 8:30AM but I had to be there an hour and a half prior to.  She added that she will be sending me an informational packet.

So I'm now scheduled for my procedure in October.  I reached out to my sister to arrange a ride to and from on the new date.  She was so kind to oblige.  What a great little sister I have!

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment