Total Pageviews

Friday, October 8, 2021

More tests

More tests

Had my pre-screening (pre-op)  for my procedure on the 13th.  I was instructed to visit the lab at Holy Family, Methuen for blood and urine work.  

Fairly non-eventful, but this pandemic has really changed how things proceed.  Upon entering the hospital, I traveled a maze to the first check point.  After given the interrogation (on covid), I was given a sticker that indicated I passed.  Next stop was registration.  Because I had my pre-screen via the phone I had no paperwork.  The representative didn't seem pleased, so I produced ID and she pulled up my file.  After a bit, I was cleared to continue to the lab.

I walked to the ground floor and easily found the lab.  There was one person waiting in the room and the guy at the check in window asked me to wait until he was finished doing whatever he was doing.  Finally, I was given the go ahead.  I mentioned that my paperwork was in the "rec" folder.  He pulled it out and asked my name and DOB.  He gave me paperwork and asked me to have a seat.

It wasn't long before the phlebotomist called me in.  After verifying my identity, she took a vial of blood.  Hardly any pain or discomfort and quick.  She then asked if I could provide a urine sample.  To which I said yes.  I was given a 'kit' and directed to the men's room where I completed my task.  I left my sample and was on my way.  Easy peasy.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment