Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Round Four

More Loose Ends

From my last treatment, I was bothered by side effects, most notably: bleeding.  

After last Wednesday's treatment, I did a few chores and picked up groceries.  By the afternoon I was beginning to feel blah, but I did manage to get my daily walk in.  By suppertime I was beginning to feel run down.  I had been drinking extra fluids to flush out the BCG, but late that afternoon, I began to have blood in my urine.  I did recall conversations and reading about that possibility, so I tried not to think about it.  I had planned on joining an online original music zoom session, but I wasn't feeling the best.  I contacted the host and informed him of my absence.  I did watch via Facebook Live post.  I wanted to join in, but my body didn't think it was a good idea.

Throughout the evening and night, I made multiple trips to the john anticipating that the bleeding might begin to ease.  No luck.  I was beginning to have flashbacks of my end of June episode, but I kept drinking fluids.  I slept OK and only got up once.  All day Thursday was pretty heavy bleeding with my passing many clots.  More and more fluids were imbibed.  Thursday was my birthday.  The weather was crappy and I felt crappy.  I survived.

On Friday, the sun was shining.  Finally, my urine was beginning to clear up.  It no longer resembled tomato soup, but now closer to a Rose.  As the day progressed, each void brought clarity. Finally by Saturday evening, there was no blood or clots.

I received confirmation of my next three BCG appointments and also a change on who would be administering.  I'd see Michael (the PA) one more time and the next two with Alex (the NP).  At least I'm getting the treatment.

On Tuesday, I received a voice mail from Dr Previte's office.  Apparently, my last urine test came back with a UTI.  I was informed that 13 day's-worth or antibiotics was called in to my pharmacy.  If I start taking the medicine 'today', I can continue with my treatments.  I scooted out and picked up the script.  One pill twice a day.

Round Four

I had a 10:30AM appointment in N Andover.  Traffic was moving along, got to the office almost 15 minutes early and checked in.  Got dinged for a $50 co-pay, provided a fresh urine specimen and waited to be called.

I heard my name.  I was quizzed and followed the medical profession to the exam room where I prepared myself for the treatment.  Michael arrived and after providing a few updates on what happened since last week, he arranged things for my BCG induction.  He's fast, efficient and does everything with a limited amount of pain/discomfort.  I was out of the office by 11:05AM.

Got home safely and began my marination.  I made all two hours again.  Those last 10 minutes are pretty uncomfortable.  Drinking fluids and taking things easy.  I'll try to get my walk in before sunset.  Also got notification that one of my meds (eye drops) were ready for pick up.

So far, just feeling a bit chilly, but I have a sweater on.  Fingers feel cold, but so far that's it.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment