Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 18, 2023

I Know The Drill

Today I had my second BCG treatment for this round (two).  After having the appointment time change a few times, I arrived 10 minutes prior to my appointment and checked in.  The front desk was really understaffed today, but I was patient.

After my Covid screening, I was given a specimen jar and asked to provide a sample.  Although I haven't visually seen any blood, I was concerned that I might be disqualified if they did find some.  So I completed my task and returned to the waiting room.

About 10 minutes later, my name was called.  I was grilled on my identification information while following the medical professional to yet another examination room. After being asked if I was allergic to latex, iodine and any medication and answering negative.  I was told, "You've been here before so you probably know the drill." Yes, I know the drill.

Torri, the Nurse Practitioner arrived.  She was quite personable and bubbly.  We chatted about the weather while she arranged 'things'.  She did the procedure relatively painless and said, "You are done.  We'll see you next week."

I got home and managed to marinate for the full two hours then emptied my bladder.  I knew that my energy level would decrease as the day went on so I went to the recycling center, dropped off some outgoing mail and picked up a few thing at the store.

I made something to eat and started feeling kind of blah.  As predicted, my energy levels dropped and I was having frequent visits to produce a few drops, but feeling like I had much more.  Normal.

So I'm keeping a low profile tonight and just taking it easy.  I hope that things return to 'normal' tomorrow, although I have an early chiropractor appointment.  It is what it is.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment