Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Becoming Routine

We've had some wild and woolly weather since my last post.  True to New England fashion, nothing transpired as predicted.  Luckily the larger storms produced more rain than snow, but there were a few storms we got hit with about 8 inches of heavy wet snow.  Hey this is January, and it's almost over.  The clocks will be changing again in early March.  I've already noticed sunsets getting a tad later.

Since my last post, I've been calling/messaging/emailing various providers to ensure all the stars are aligned for various upcoming procedures.  My next being in early February.  I'm going in for a removal of  my capsule in my left eye.  Since I had my cataract surgery, vision has become cloudy in that eye.  It was discussed after the surgery that condensation might cause that, so it's not a surprise and should be quick.  I've already received some eye drop meds for post-op.  

I received a call scheduling my colonoscopy.  Still waiting for more information (prep instructions) for the March 23rd procedure.  This will be close to home (Haverhill Holy Family Hospital).  

I'm scheduled for my annual AAA repair check-up in Worcester on March 20th.  Because an earlier CT-Scan showed an enlarged aorta above the heart, the doctor wants to have a new scan done.  I received a call and they want me to have blood work done to clear me for the contrast.  Working on getting that scheduled so it's a few weeks before the procedure.  In addition, Dr Mossanen wants me to have a urogram prior to my next appointment with him.  Still trying to get that paperwork finalized.  [Still find it hard to fathom in this day and age that a fax machine is the preferred method of communicating medical information.]

Dose 3- Round 2

Not sure exactly, but this week's BCG appointment was moved to today (Thursday).  I'm thinking the bad weather had something to do with supply chain issues, but being retired (and not having a different doctor's appointment) the change was pretty easy to make. 

I arrived, checked in, provided my sample, waited my turn and visited yet another examination room.  The Physician's Assistant, Michael administered the BCG today.  Of all those that administered, he's the best.  And I told him so.

Just finished my two hour marination and waiting for any side effects to kick in.  Feeling chilly (but not the chills), mostly tired.  We'll see how the day progresses.  The sun is out, but it's breezy.  Another change in the weather.  Yup, New England.

Just received email notification/confirmation of my last two BCG appointments, bringing me up to February 22.  Let's hope the weather cooperates. 

Post Script:  I did have some bleeding but it wasn't too much and cleared up quickly.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment