Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2023

It Depends

For my fourth dose in this round of BCG, things were pretty much routine.  Much like that TV series: Cheers, the place were everyone knows your name, familiarity is taking hold and I'm learning most of the medical professional's names and they know me.  Kind of weird when you think of it.  I'm such a regular, but the offerings go straight to the bladder. Just food for thought.

It was a bit chilly, but sunny today.  Check in was very routine.  I'm still waiting for a referral for my CT Urogram (requested by Dr Mossanen).  I'm most certain that it's in the pile of faxes...somewhere.  I provided my required specimen sample and didn't wait too long before being called in.  This is a good sign since they wouldn't call me in if there was blood found in the sample.

Was given the required identification questions that I apparently answered correctly then visited yet another examination room.  While entering, the attendant uttered, "There's no set up." Then she quickly set the 'table' with 'things' needed for the treatment.  It was interesting to see how the sausage was made nonetheless.  After completing the task she said, "Strip from the waist down.  Torri will be right with you."

I got ready.  Dropped trow, sat on the 'diaper' and covered the uglies with the very large napkin and waited.

Torri arrived and after asking a few questions (verifying who I am and any allergies) she asked, "Do you have any questions for me?"  I thought it might be a good time to talk about the CT Urogram referral/paperwork.  She was aware of the reasons why, but said she would look into the paperwork.  She even asked where I was going to have this done.  I took it as a good sign.

As procedures go, the bladder has to be emptied before BCG can be instilled.  So the uncomfortable catheter is inserted and any urine present is drained into a plastic urinal.  This is normal, but I felt a warm sensation 'down there'.  Torri said, "Looks like someone had some coffee today.  I thought I got it all, but there was more."  I did say that I had one cup of coffee (not that I shouldn't, but coffee is a diuretic and my normal intake makes my 2 hour marination difficult in the last 15 minutes.  So Michael suggested that I only have one cup.)

Torri blotted what she could and gave me the BCG.  I could feel that my 'bottom' was wet.  After she was done, I used my napkin to 'towel off' and noticed that the diaper I was sitting on, did its purpose.  So I'm sure that has happened before.  

Got home and marinated the full two hours and waited for the side effects.

Most of the day I felt meh and blah.  Brain was foggy and I didn't really feel like doing too much.  It was too cold (and I felt too chilly) to take my daily walk.  Late in the afternoon I went grocery shopping joining all those that needed bread and milk for the up coming polar vortex.  

I basically chillaxed until going to bed.  No blood was passed.  

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment