Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2023

And It's So Nice Out

Wednesday again.  I had an early appointment for my 5th dose of BCG in this second round. We did have some ice last night and when I got up, I noticed that everything was coated.  I figured I'd have to let the car warm up so I could chisel away the ice.  The streets had been treated so it was just sidewalks, driveways and tertiary roads that could be treacherous.  The sun was shining bright and the weather man said today was going to be the 'pick of the week'. So I grabbed the local newspaper from the perch and had my one cup of coffee.

I gave myself extra time to clear the ice off the car, but to my enjoyment, the sun had melted away most of it.  The front windshield, being in the shade, still had ice, but by this time it had softened significantly rendering it to slush. I guess the weather man might be right, for a change.

At this earlier hour, many were clogging the highways as they rushed to work.  Although heavy, traffic was moving.  I arrived at Northeast Urological at the planned time.  Lots of cars and lots of people in the waiting room.  I checked in and was hit with a $50 co-pay and had to pay a balance due of $40.  Whatever!

While at the window I had inquired on the referral to get my CT Urogram (as requested by Dr Mossanen).  There was nothing in the paper file, but she did see some notes.  She excused herself and returned with Dr Torri Rogers (whom I spoke with last time).  From what I heard everything was all set and it just needed to be scheduled.  The attendant said, "You are generally free everyday."  I replied, yes generally, when I'm not at a doctor.  She then said, "The scheduler will be calling you today to schedule the CT scan at Holy Family in Haverhill.  Great!

I was given my specimen cup and directed to fill it and return to the waiting room.  Easy enough.  Task complete.

Not too long after my returning to the waiting area, I heard: Richard.  I stood up as another guy stood up.  Apparently he is a Richard too, but he didn't have my SAT answers so he did not pass go nor collect $200.  I was drilled for more info and visited yet another examination room.  It was set up this time.  I was asked if my meds were changed and if I had any surgery since last week.  Yes, I had eye surgery Monday (laser) and I was on predisolone acetate 1%.  She noted it in the file, but it had no affect on my getting the BCG.  So she instructed me to drop trow, sit on the diaper and gave me a very large napkin to 'cover up'.

Dr Torri Rogers arrived, asked a few questions then went right to work.  Torri is very personable and has a bubbly personality.  With all the chatter going on, the procedure was done in a flash.  (No wet bottom this time either.)  I did mention that this was my 5th dose, but I had two more appointments scheduled.  I wondered if the last was a follow up consult.  Torri indicated that the extra appointment must be a mistake and she'll report it to the front desk.  Her records showed this as being the 4th dose.  But I corrected her with the dates and who administered the previous treatments. [Wondered to myself if I should have just kept the extra appointment, but also though that someone might be waiting for the BCG.  So I think I did the right thing.]

I got home and marinaded for the 2 full hours.  Made blueberry muffins and banana nut bread and tried to get out of the brain fog.  As the day progressed, I began to feel blah and meh; cold but not the chills and pretty much low energy.  Still waiting for the call for the CT scan appointment and anxious to see if I bleed.  So I'm gonna take it easy and go with the flow.

Post Script: Received a call scheduling my CT Scan (Urogram) at Holy Family Hospital for 2/23/23 and a follow-up visit with Dr Previte, April 6th.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment