Total Pageviews

Friday, February 17, 2023

If It Isn't One Thing It's Two

Today, for my post-op follow-up with Dr Song,  I had an eight o'clock appointment in Waltham.  

For joy, I got to join the ranks of people rushing for work on the busiest of highways; 495 S, 3 S, and 128 S.  Because you never know what to expect for traffic or an accident, you need to allow for more time.   Without traffic the ride is about 35 mins.  So I gave myself an hour and 15 minutes.

I had set the alarm for 6 AM, but of course I woke up at 5:30.  I lay in bed trying to get back to sleep and of course I did just as the alarm went off.  Par for the course.  It's still dark out at 6AM.  I stumbled into the kitchen and turned on my dimmest lamp, which seemed to be too bright. Started coffee, answered a call to nature and then took my meds. Caffeine eventually kicked in and I got ready to leave.  It's still on the dark side at 6:45, but getting lighter.

Highway traffic seemed to be on the light side.  I figured it was early, a Friday and this coming Monday is a holiday.  So maybe folks were working from home or taking a long weekend off.  No complaints from me.

Made it to Route 3 and around Chelmsford, it began getting a bit congested, but that cleared up and I was soon on 128.  Not too bad.  You cannot plan these things but I arrived in Waltham at 7:30.  I parked the car and was on my way.  At the office, there were only two people in the waiting room and I checked in and was told to wait.  Not 5 minutes went by and Kelly called my name and asked that I follow her.

I had a few eye tests, then was told to follow her to an examination room.  I had more extensive eye tests then eventually had my left eye dilated.  I recall her saying that my left eye (the one that was just operated on) had a high pressure level.  But she thought it might be because I just got off a regimen of prednisone.  She then asked me to follow her to another examination room where Dr Song would see me.

It wasn't long before Dr Song came in and upon reviewing the various test results, he said that I had 20/15 vision now.  He asked if I had experienced any vision issues since the surgery.  I mentioned that I'm still in the 'break in period'.  [Since I have mono vision: two types of in ocular lenses- one, distance, the other for reading, The brain needs to adjust.]  So I mentioned that from time to time I had some blurriness, but it passed and didn't interfere with my reading or looking at TV.  He agreed that the breaking in period is pretty normal.  He used some machines to look at my eyes and took my pressure.  He indicated that my left eye had a pressure of 25 and my left 17.  I currently take timolol for my right eye, so he told me to start taking it for my left also. He also indicated that next refill will prescribe that it's for both eyes.  He asked to see me again in four weeks. 

So, I get to have drops in both eyes now.  I have a follow up booked for 3/22.

More to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment