Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Another Graduation?

Today was my sixth and final dose of BCG.  This being the end of round two, there was less celebration for my graduation.  It was even quite quiet in the office waiting room.  

Upon entering, I had to really think if I had my appointment day correct since there's usually a boat-load of people.  But, I was right, it was my day to be here.  Still, it was strange.  I began to think that maybe my 'tacked on' appointments (due to my being ineligible last December because of bleeding and my skipped appointment in January) brought me out of sync with everyone getting the BCG on the 6 week schedule.

I had received an itemized bill in the mail on Monday (first one from this place).  It showed that I owed $40.  I recall last time they said I had a balance of $40 and a new co-pay of $50, so I thought that it was possible the bill crossed in the mail.  I called the number listed and received a call back indicating that I did in fact, pay the balance due.  In addition, she said I had a $35 credit. So I was not asked to pay the co pay today. I was asked to provide a specimen, which did and then waited to be called in.

Not too long before I heard my name.  Seeing I was the only person there, no confusion this time with two Richards standing when the name was called. I followed the attendant to an examination room I had been previously, was grilled for my identification data and told to 'strip from the waist down'.  Done.

Michael arrived, and after indicating that this is my 6th dose, he said my next visit will be with Dr Previte.  I indicated that I was already provided with an appointment.  He acknowledge it and began his preparation.  He was quick, and there was very little discomfort and no leaking.  I mentioned that he did it the best, to which he chuckled and said, "That's good to know".

I got home and did my 2 hour marination.  Those last 10 minutes seem to last an eternity. So at this point, I feel kind of blah and meh, and feel chilly (not the chills).  I do have the urge to go, often but produce very little.  This is normal.  I'm hoping to NOT have any blood (like I did two times ago), but if there is, it is expected.  So, just taking it easy today.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment