Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 5, 2023

Some Semblance Of Order...Possibly?

Housekeeping

Since my last post I managed to catch some 'crap' going around.  I tested negative for Covid (twice), but this really threw me for a loop.  I began to feel poorly on New Year's Eve (day) and it went down hill from there.  The headache, the chills, the aches, the runny nose, the loss of appetite and general feeling of sh*t came on strong and lasted for a few days.  So I had yet another crappy holiday (minus Christmas with good friends).  

While being benched, I was fortunate that so many were willing to provide anything I needed to return to good health.  Other than myriad remedies and home grown brews, a friend dropped off some homemade chicken soup (very hearty) and fresh baked goodies.  There is something to said about the chicken soup cure. Each day now is better than the previous, but I do have a lingering post nasal drip and sporadic coughing spells.  Yes, this too will pass. 

I was able to reschedule my January 11th appointment to Monday, January 9th.  In addition, I have a new appointment tacked onto my BCG schedule that will bring me out to February 8th.  I logged on to my patient portal and completed all the questionnaires required for my appointment/consult with Dr Mossanen in Foxborough, next Wednesday.

Another Journey

After last week's false start, it was recommended that I provide a urine sample on Tuesday (which I did). Once again it was to be tested for the presence of blood in the urine.  Since the BCG vaccine cannot be introduced to the blood stream, it's imperative that I am not bleeding.  I heard nothing from the office so I felt pretty confident going in today.

I arrived and after check in and a re-scan of my medical coverage cards, I was told I had a credit so no co-pay.  (I'll take that.)  I was asked to provide yet another sample, which I gladly provided.  After which, I waited to be called.

My name was called and the nurse walked up to me and asked if I was feeling OK.  I know I had my temp taken and aced my covid SAT, but did say that I had a cold last week.  She said, we found some blood in my sample.  [CRAP! again].  She said he was going to talk to the doctor for guidance. Not long after a different person called my name.  I expected them to say it's not happening today, but she said,"Follow me."

Walking to the examination room I was tested on my DOB, name and address [Aced it again].  Prior to entering the examination room, the Nurse Practitioner, Kristine said, "I'll be right with you."

I was instructed to drop trow and sit on the table covering the uglies with picnic table sized napkin. Kristine came in and I inquired why I was getting the BCG when there was blood present in the urine.  She said, "It was microscopic.  You have bladder cancer. That would be the normal result, so the BCG induction was cleared to proceed."  I was ambivalent, but was eager to get this show on the road.

As usual, the procedure is quick, but very unpleasant.  Some administer it so much better than others.  But I was on my way.  At this time I didn't have my rescheduled date so I indicated that I might not be back for 2 weeks. [But I'll be back Monday].

I went home to marinate and I made the two hour mark. I'm attributing this to my having only one cup of coffee.  I'll have to remember that next time.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment