Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 31, 2023

3rd And Final

An early morning appointment today at Northeast Urological in N. Andover for my 3rd dose of maintenance BCG.  At this point things are pretty much routine. I arrived a bit early and there was no one in the waiting room.  After check in and providing my urine specimen, I didn't wait too long before being called and grilled for my information.  This time I did visit an examination room I had been in once before.  The attendant said,"You know what to do." She then left not before saying, "Michael will be seeing you today."

I had Michael, the Physician's Assistant administer my BGC in the past.  Of all that have facilitated in these inductions, he is by far the best.  Today he was training a new PA, who just watched and assisted with small tasks.  Michael indicated that this would be my last dose and that Dr Previte will be seeing me at the end of August for an in-office cystoscopy.  I was in agreement.  He arranged his procedural implements and did his thing.  Once again, very little discomfort and no leakage.  He's a pro.

He bid me a good summer and his trainee said, "It was nice to meet you but I hope I never have to see you in the future."  Now wouldn't that be nice!

When I left the office the waiting room was full.  So glad I beat that.

Got home and marinated for the full two hours.  As usual, feeling blah and chilly.  It's 80 degrees outside and I'm wearing a sweater.  Extremities are cold.  I did think about gloves, but never donned them.

I'm hopeful that the rest of the day will be low keyed and uneventful.  I do hope to get out for my walk, but we'll see.  I'm optimistic that I won't have any more entries to this blog until the end of August.  I'm looking forward to enjoying the Summer and all it brings and not having any repeat of "Dexter" scenes in the bathroom.

More to come!

1 comment: