Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Day of the procedure

My sister Leslie had offered to take me in and bring me home.  She arrived two minutes late (as she predicted).  At lease there was some levity.

I gave her the key to the house and had her log into my computer to find the special file.  I had her do everything since she might have to do this solo.  She got in and logged into the document and quickly perused it before closing and logging off.  We were back on schedule and got into here car where she couldn't find her keys.  "I must have left them in your house", she said.  Well good now we can see how you do getting into the house.  No problems. She found here keys right next to the PC.

We got in the car and began the voyage to Worcester.  We were doing well until I got us lost.  I checked the GPS and found that we were not far from our destination. We made good time despite the travel wrinkle.

We arrived at the parking garage and quickly found a spot.  We followed the signage to the surgical check in.  By this time Leslie need to use the facilities.  So while she did that I found out exactly where I needed to go. I went looking fro Leslie, and once I found here I said we need to go to elevator D to the second floor.  We saw signs for elevators A, B and C, but couldn't find D.  Tons of people walking around and we made eye contact with someone who works there.  She was extremely pleasant and helpful.  She almost walked us to the elevator.  I've found this pleasant attitude to be the norm.  Everyone is/has been really nice.

Reaching floor two, they were already expecting me.  Someone had called there and said I was on the way.  Leslie and I were directed to the waiting area were I was called not long after.  Leslie was invited in and accompanied my.  I met with many nurses and doctors while there.  I was told that Dr. Schanzer prefers his patients to be clean (shaved). So I was informed that all hair below my nipples and above my knees had to go.  It is what it is.  I felt like a sheep being shorned at the rodeo.  Eventually it was done.  Leslie commented on who long it had taken.  A few more doctors arrived and Dr. Schanzer being one of them.  He marked me up with a felt tippped pen and instructed the nurse to give me an EKG.  So after attaching may electrodes the test was quickly done and I guess I passed. One of the doctors had to attach three IV ports to my poor battered arm.  Not my favorite part. At some point, Leslie was informed that she would have to leave.  After a good luck kiss, she said she was on the way back to my house to siphon all my money out.  Levity is always good under these conditions.

More professionals came and went, then finally I was informed that it was time.  I was wheeled into the OR and and the anesthesiology team prepped me for my knock out.  Can't remember anything from here until I woke up.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment