Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 30, 2017

"We said our goodbyes, ah the night before" [The Beatles]

I had spent a number of days following my pre-op just putting my affairs in order.  Not only was this an impetus to clean the house, it made me look at any and all documentation, policies, bank accounts, and email accounts I have.  My father used to say, "If every I should leave you..." [From Camelot] when he wanted you to pay attention to those things someone other than he needed to know in the event of an untimely passing.  I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, for I created a folder on my PC with a password protected document meant for my sister's eyes.  Here she would find just about everything that's needed to be known, "If ever I should leave you".

On Monday, I said goodbye to anyone I was dealing with; friends; family; and band members.  Of course everyone said that I would be fine, but did appreciate my being candid about my health. I also made sure that any pending bills were paid.  Was I over-worrying?  Yes, but my mother always said you have to worry just enough.

I was given a check list that needed to be completed Monday night into Tuesday morning.  I had special antiseptic sponges to shower with and a horrible tasting mouth rinse.  I knew I had to be up and at 'em early, but once again, I got little sleep.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment