Total Pageviews

Friday, March 31, 2017

Day two at home

Feeling pretty miserable.  I can't seem to get comfortable or keep in a good position for too long.  I still have no appetite and anything I force feed myself seems particularly bland. Black coffee seems to go down alright, but the wanted side effects aren't happening.  I did take MiraLax, but that has failed to yield results.  I know there was a great concern about straining, so I'm waiting for the obvious biological sign that it's time.

While preparing my self for my first shower, I stumbled upon the Dramamine patch behind my ear and one errant electrode still stuck to my side.  Since I've removed that electrode, I haven't had any further upper back pain and chest pain.  Could I have been sleeping on this for an extended time and once off of it the pain begins?  Seems to be the only reasonable explanation. [ I've heard of similar bouts of pain when woman wear a wire bra for an extended period of time.]

My throat soreness has cleared up and my urethra pain is gone.  I was told to monitor the temperature of my extremities, but the nephropathy in my feet negates any sensation of cold toes.  So I'm wearing socks, even to bed.   I'm sure my lack of proper sustenance isn't helping my body to generate heat.  I've lost 5 pounds.  I just want to go.   Of course the mind travels to a dark place and wonders if my colon has been paralyzed. For someone who has been extremely regular all his life,  this is a great departure from schedules. I'm not in the best state of mind right now.

On the positive side, I've had no reason to take any pain meds.  I know the constipation is a result of meds I received in the hospital after the procedure.  Plus there is very little food in my stomach, but I have no appetite or taste.  [Looking back at older blogs I can see a similar pattern.]

[Post Script:  My sister Leslie said that a symphony has 4 movements.  I'm happy to report that I just caught the last movement (BM).  Hallelujah!]

I have lined up someone to do my shoveling (and hopefully rake the roof) if this storm materializes into the snow-magedon hyped predictions.

Happy April Fools Day.  More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment