Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Day three status update

Since Thursday's chemo treatment I've been keenly in-tune with the changes taking place in my body.  Not knowing what to expect next, I've been religious about taking my temperature three times daily, drinking plenty of fluids and noting all things general.

At this writing, I can say that the medication for anti-nausea administered Thursday has worked fantastically.  I have had an appetite and have graduated from a very bland diet to an almost 'regular' diet.  However, I'm not jumping off into the Szechuan or Mexican cuisine just yet - not that I have a hankering or anything.

According to my literature of possible side effects, I have been exhibiting some. I have had a lingering headache, slight sore throat and get easily listless with little effort exuded. Thankfully, I'm regular and have not had to open the Miralax or even the Kaopectate for that matter. But, I am generally feeling out of sorts.  My sleep patterns are out of step, I seem to dropping things and feel achy from time to time.  According to my instructions, I'm to brush my teeth (and tougue) four times a day as well as gargle so to ward off germs that could cause mouth sores.

One disturbing side effect is a general numbness to my left forefinger and thumb.  Not deadening, but more tingly. My paperwork did have a section of side effects not found in clinical trials and neuropathy was listed.  The remedy is to have the next dose customized as to not promote that (and other unwanted or untreatable side effects).

I was told on Thursday that the anti-nausea drugs in my system should be used up by my body today (Sunday).  I'm not sure if I will need to resort to the two prescriptions I have on hand.  I'll have to wait and see.

On the bright side, the weather has been really nice and conducive to taking it easy. So I'm going with the flow and doing just that.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment