Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

All systems are go for Chem # 4

The rains of the last few days have passed, along with the muggy weather.  Today was bright, clear with relatively low humidity.  Dana Farber, Methuen was fairly light with patient activity. I checked in and was soon called for labs, vital checks and was directed into a different examination room.  Dr. Mehta is on vacation, so Sandra Creamer, NP fulfilled his duties.

Sandra arrived quickly with some paperwork.  She asked a few questions on the status of previously reported side effects and stated that I was doing great in my tolerating the chemo.  She checked some vitals (breathing, heart, oral and nasal cavities and my eyes).  She was pleased.  While looking at my blood test results she said, "Your blood work looks great. Perfect in fact.  You would never guess that you were having chemo therapy."  [I guess I continue to amaze.] After chatting about the last treatment and 'what's next', she gave me the green like to proceed to Chemo # 4. 

I have mixed emotions.  I'm really happy that I'm tolerating this, but truly not looking forward to being sick again for 7-10 days.  Of course there's the unknown with cumulative effects of chemo and how those may manifest during this round.  There's also that underlying fear of future side effects, but I'll have to suppress those fears and relegate them to the risk/concern category - for now.

So tomorrow begins the last round.  More to come. 

1 comment: