Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Almost a week into Chemo # 4

As expected, I've been feeling progressively worse since my last entry.  I've had days of waking up every hour or two; little to zero energy; hardly any appetite barring the occasional craving; sporadic episodes of hiccups; a change in the way food tastes (or doesn't taste); a near black-out each time I stand; and my 'strange' neuropathy to my thumb and forefinger has manifested itself to a greater degree.  I'm once again hopeful that this will dissipate over time (as it appeared to do in my third week).

I've been more than content to watch TV.  I've switched to musical and historic offerings. On the premium music channels, i.e., Palladia, I've watched entire concerts of McCartney and Wings over America (filmed in 1976), the Who (Quadraphenia) and others.  I found that Mysteries at the Museum was available from Netflix (sans commercial interruption), so I started from the beginning and watched in the breeze of a window fan.  Although we've been having a heat wave, it hasn't bothered me.  Sitting still and doing virtually nothing doesn't generate much heat, so the fan suffices.  I have noticed that the house temperature has been 84 degrees, but I've been OK without turning on the air conditioner.  It's cooled down at night so I sleep with blankets on.  I'm now to the point where I sleep uninterrupted for longer periods of time.  However, I've been having very strange dreams.

Last evening one of my temperature readings was 99.2 degrees.  In the past, this pattern has shown that I've reached Nadir and soon after I begin  to feel better.  If so, this has come a few days earlier than the other treatments.  So I'll be monitoring this to see if it's not just a fluke.  I have noticed that I'm less dizzy when standing and I even had energy to do a load of laundry.  I'm hopeful that the days will begin to get better.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment