Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Follow-Up With Dr Song And Other Stuff

Had my follow up with Mass Eye And Ear today in Waltham.  It was right at the end of the morning commute so the highways were busy, but moving right along.  Although I give myself an hour, (in off time it's a 35 minute ride), today it seemed that I might be there in the time frame until I got to route 128 S.  For some reason traffic was at a crawl.  I only had to be on 128 for about 6 miles and it took me just as long to do that stretch as it took me to get to 128 from home. So I'm glad I gave myself a buffer.

I arrived close to my check in time and because I did an e-check-in, I was allowed to take a seat and wait to be called.  Not too much time elapsed before an eye technician called my name and brought me to an examination room.  She gave me eye drops and performed some tests.  I took the eye test and she said that my eyesight had improved (in my left eye).  I now have 20/15 vision.  Sweet! She did perform the eye pressure test and I had 20 in my left and 15 in my right.  Much better than the previous readings of  33 and 17 respectively (and a second test of 25 and 17).  She finished up entering data and asked me to return to the waiting room.

Once again it seemed like no time at all when I was called to go to another examination room were Dr Song would see me.  There are four examination rooms in this section of the building.  The doctor goes from room to room, I guess all day.  It's an efficient process.

Dr Song arrived and after exchanging pleasantries, he went right to work.  He made some audible approving sounds and said, "Things are looking good". He then tested my eye pressure and said, " The pressure has gone down, but I think we'll have to continue the eye drops in each eye". I mentioned that my prescription was initially for one eye and I was sensing that I was at the end of the bottle. It's up for renewal in a week, so I requested that he send an updated refill.  He did, right then.  [Got home and had an email from the pharmacy indicating that they are working on filling it].

Dr Song asked that I come back in November.  Apparently they are moving 4 miles down the road to Lexington, so next time will be at that location.

Other Stuff

Tomorrow I'm having my colonoscopy.  I did get a call form the doctor's office to ensure that I had my instruction for the prep.  Claudine, indicated that the prep these days is much more effective, but stopped short and said, "Oh you have Medicare.  So you will be having the over the counter prep.  Medicare doesn't cover the two pill prep".  Of course not!  So I'll be taking 4 laxative pills at 4PM and drinking the vile concoction of 64 oz (8 oz every 15 minutes until it's gone) and spending the evening on the toilet.  I'm also fasting.

I received a message in my portal indicating that my images and technician's report was available.  The CT Scan images are amazing.  I wish I had someone who knows what I'm looking at guide me through.  But some are 3D and in color.  I can clearly see the stint.  One set of images shows only the heart and aorta and you can manipulate the image to rotate and zoom in. Fascinating and kind of creepy at the same time.  The notes indicated that most things were normal or 'unremarkable'.  I knew I have a hiatus hernia and the report said it wasn't too bad.  There were some comments about divertuculum in the intestines that I didn't understand, but they didn't seem to be too concerning, more reporting of what is seen.

I'm hopeful for good results for the colonoscopy.  Then focus on the bladder cancer and results of my second round of BCG.

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment