Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 1, 2023

That Last Minute Call (s)

It was almost 5PM (3/1) and my urologist's scheduler called to ask if I could go in for a cystoscopy TOMORROW at 10AM!  I was slack-jawed.  I mentioned that the last one was done in the hospital.  She said this would be an in office procedure and probably will take about a half hour.

So I'm off to the urologist tomorrow.  But I have to wonder why the urgency.  I had the CT Scan/Urogram done on Friday.  Did he see something?  Kind of disconcerting.  I probably won't be getting a good night's sleep.

More Calls 

I was already to get up and get ready for my appointment when I received another call from the doctor's office indicating that my appointment for today was cancelled.  Apparently, the attendant told me, the doctor wanted this done in the hospital.  She apologized for the confusion and indicated that the scheduler would be calling me with information on the hospital procedure. I decided to roll over and get some sleep.

Not 20 minutes had passed and the phone rang.  I screen my calls and heard a voice identifying themselves as calling on behalf of Dr Previte's office.  I picked up ans spoke with the scheduler, Sandy.

She had asked if I could go to Lawrence General on 3/10 to have the procedure.  Of course, I'm at the mercy of scheduling gods, so I said yes. She then went into her spiel about my needing to fast and have someone bring me there and pick me up.  I asked what time, she said the hospital will be calling me ahead of time for pre-registration, pre-screening and time of the procedure.  OK, I said.  But, thankfully I was lucid (and pre-caffeinated) enough to question why I'm having this scheduled when I already have this procedure scheduled for 4/13?  There was silence.  Then she said, "We'll keep that one.  I book so many appointments." She did request that I provide a urine sample sometime before 3PM today.

So, the sense of urgency seems to have been mitigated...until the next call.....LOL

More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment