Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Ready for the next chapter

All systems are go for tomorrow's first of two surgeries for the reconstruction.  I'd be lying if I didn't say I am a bit apprehensive.  After having months of 'good days' peppered with some continuous aggravations (pains related to getting back into things; dealing with declining vision, etc.), I'm not looking forward to having new pains and having limits on what I can do.  It is what it is.  I'll have to deal with - 'whatever' -  as it arises.  I'm telling myself that this too will pass and be a fading memory much like my cancer surgeries and subsequent chemotherapy.  But I have to get through it first.

I do have some concerns.  These procedures will be affecting my upper torso (waist to breasts - even though I currently have just one breast).  During my recuperation from my last surgeries, I recall not being able to lie on my side while sleeping.  Granted I had my other side to use, but it just wasn't the same for the 'side sleeper' that I am.  Questions that I have (and will be answered in time):
  • How am I to sleep and get the needed rest for recuperation? 
  • Will I need to sleep sitting up in a chair?  
  • What will happen if I sneeze?  
  • What if it snows - will I be able to do any light shoveling? 
The plain answer is: I'll know, when I know.  Until then I'll hope that sneezes and snowfall remain scarce - or at least manageable.

I'm also concerned that this 'step back' will affect my recent musical proliferation.  Given my flexibility to follow my muse at any time of the day, I've managed to write a dozen songs since September.  Yes, I'm channeling the challenges of the Spring and Summer into something positive.  I've been producing a menagerie of eclectic music, from dark and brooding; manic and dissonant to soft and uplifting.  I'm pleased with the output, but fearful that the creativity could once again be blocked if I'm distracted by this latest chapter.  Hopefully it will provide even more fodder and inspiration for another dozen - or more.

I won't be out in the clear just yet.  I still have my abdominal aeortic aneurysm (Triple A) to address.  I'm also monitoring the effects of the cataracts that seem to be progressing in my right eye.  Oy - it's always something.

So I'll be enjoying my last day by doing some 'seasonal' chores that require some physical exertion (the fallen leaves - for joy).  Until my next post, thanks for reading and of course thanks for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment