Total Pageviews

Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy November - already?

2015 has certainly been flying by.  For me, I'm sure this "tempus fugit" is exasperated by my battle with cancer and its after effects. However, I'm enjoying this brief respite, taking in the change of seasons (again), getting back to the new normal and enjoying retirement.

Halloween has come and gone and I've enjoyed that as well as I could considering everything.  I really owe it to myself to make next Halloween the best. I have one more week before my next chapter begins - the reconstruction.  [I hope I don't have to deal with any carpet-baggers.]

I continue to have 'good' days and I've regained most of my stamina.  I'm working on getting my voice back into shape and have spent much time honing my chops on the guitar.  I am spending more time playing the keyboard and trying to get that 'back' again. All things in time.

The only noticeable health issue has been my vision.  Early September, the eye doctor said I had the beginnings of cataracts (more pronounced in my right eye).  I was given a prescription for corrective lenses (for use while driving).  I don't drive as much now, but when I do, I have noticed some improvement, especially at night.  However, I'm more cognizant of the blurriness in my right eye.  At times, when covering my left (good) eye I can't see portions of my field of vision in my right eye. But, when I use both eyes (and don't think about it) I see clearly.  My left eye is compensating.

I have a follow-up with my oncologist, Dr. Mehta, at the end of November.  I'll monitor this progress and discuss the possibilities of it being caused or hastening the progression of the deterioration.


No comments:

Post a Comment