Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Stitches removed

It must be because of the pre-holiday work day, because it took me just 20 minutes to get to Dr. Chatson's office.  I had planned for 45 minutes, so I arrived very early.  So there were many places to park.

Today is the day the sutures will be removed.  Good thing because they are starting to get itchy and seem to cling to fabric (and pull). 

The Physician's Assistant took me right in and checked my vitals.  I was asked to strip from the waist up and wait for Dr. Chatson.  Not too long after, he arrived and wished me a Happy Thanksgiving.  Looking me over he said, "Things are looking good." He asked me to mount the examination table and he prepared some surgical instruments.  While talking about what comes next, he snipped away the stitches with a minimal amount of discomfort.  Apparently, the next surgery will be some time in March.  He said he'd prefer to have about three months of recovery before he was going to place the proverbial cherry on my new left breast.  He asked me to consider if I prefer that he "attempt" to match my right nipple, or reduce the current size of the existing one and make both flat. "No need for a decision today."

I'll think about it, but my first reaction was to leave nature as it intended and create the man-made nipple to resemble what exists today. My thoughts today - tomorrow, who knows?

While the sutures were removed he said that he would also remove a skin flag I found as his Thanksgiving gift to me - no charge.   [Hmmm, we now have to have Thanksgiving gifts, I thought.]   I accepted with gratitude.

As I was dressing, he asked that I schedule an appointment for about a month out.  Also he looked over my folder and interjected with, "Oh, just so you'll know.  The tissue I removed from your right breast reduction came back as non-malignant - cancer free."

Now THAT is something to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment