Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Operation

Being wheeled into the operating room, I was immediately reminded of my last real operation when I was in the fifth grade.  I was going in for my last skin graph for a burn I sustained when I was 14 months old.  I'm not sure if it was the same area but it sure looked the same.  I recall the staff telling me at that time Lorreta Young was operated in that O.R.

[Trivia - does anyone remember her claim to fame? - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loretta_Young]

Back then the hospital was called Bonsecours it was a Roman Catholic hospital staffed by nuns dressed in white habits.  So their touting of Loretta Young was apropos for the time.

I was wheeled into the room and was shifted to the table where they immediately started prepping me.  They gave me an oxygen mask that said it was a mixture of anesthesia.  They asked me to take five deep breaths.  With each I could feel myself slipping away from reality until nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment