Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Things appear to be moving into place

Dr. Chatson left a message on the house machine today asking that I call him.  He left his cell number and indicated that he had an update on his write-up/request for medical approval for the mastectomy, reconstruction and reduction.

I called him and he said the insurance company gave him the thumbs up. [I didn't ask, but I assume he got something in writing.  I'll follow-up on that.]  He said he still intends to attend as Dr. Moore performs the mastectomy and provide input and guidance on what 'parts' of me would be beneficial if they could be 'left' (not removed). He said that fat cells would help make the reconstruction easier as well as surgical filet of skin flaps.

I had mentioned that Dr. Moore had a death in the family and he would be available Monday. I also provided an update on my abdominal aeortic aneurysm and current desire to wait until after the cancer and reconstruction/reduction surgeries.

He sounded eager to start.  Mentally I'm ready to begin.  I still have some follow-up and loose ends to tighten up with Dr. Moore.

Maybe April 27th will be the day.  More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment