Total Pageviews

Friday, April 10, 2015

What we have here is a failure to communicate!

I had a follow-up appointment with Dr. Moore scheduled for today.  When I arrived I was informed that the doctor was out due to a death in the family.  Wow! That's too bad, I said.  I'm sorry to hear that.  "Yes, it's his father in law.  The doctor will be back Monday." To myself I thought that this would have been nice to know in advance.  I'm almost certain that this didn't all transpire today, but who knows and who am I to question? 

The front desk professional said the doctor would be calling me on Monday and my surgery had been scheduled for April 27th.  [First I heard of this.] Not wanting to get into it I mentioned that my CT scan indicated an aneurysm (triple A).  She said, "that sounds serious.  Please go to an emergency room if you need medical attention." I grinned and said yes, but was thinking - DAH.

Also I was waiting to hear back from Dr. Chatson, who said he was going to call Dr. Moore to discuss his being part of the surgery.  I'm hoping that Dr. Moore was more up-to-date that his front desk.  Not that they have to be.  They have a role to fulfill like informing patients that the doctor is not in today.

Wasted trip.  Glad it wasn't in Boston.  Communication at its best

No comments:

Post a Comment