Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Post-op with Dr Chatson

Had a follow-up post-op with Dr. Chatson today (Wednesday).  He removed the dressing and I got a chance to see the wound.  Colorful.  There was still dye on the skin and you could see a closed wound similar to that eye that was drawn with the sharpie, but this time a closed eye. 

I thought he would be putting fresh bandages on, but no.  The stitches were in deep and they are self-dissolving.  The skin is held together with something similar to super glue.  The area was slightly swollen but looks much less mutilated than I had imagined.  The drain is actually under the skin though a 'hole'.  Once the output is less than 10 cc within a 24 hour period, I can come in to have it taken out.  They will place a guaze pad until the hole seals up.

He's thinking Friday.  The latest Monday.  Until that's out I can't bathe.  [So glad I cut my hair].  All I'll get is a sponge bath.

Just call me stinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment