Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Coming to

It was around 4:30PM when I regained consciousness.  I was in pain, very similar to the last time.  A nurse asked if I needed pain meds, to which I nodded yes.  About a half hour later she asked if I needed more.  Yes, I did.

The meds kicked in and I was comfortably numb, but regaining consciousness and awareness of my surroundings.  It was very quiet. I took a peek and saw that I now had two drains.  Really?

The nurse asked if I could eat some crackers and have some liquid and if I was nauseous. I could eat some crackers have ginger-ale.  And no [thankfully] I was not nauseous.

Dr. Moore arrived and spoke to me, but I'm vague on what was said.  I did hear the word 'successful' but I heard something like he had to take more 'skin' that anticipated.  He said there would be more con-caving, but the restoration procedure will take care of that.  I had no expectations that things would look perfect at this point.  He did say he had to have two drains and to see him in two weeks.  I mentioned that my FMLA paperwork would need to be updated.  He asked that I have it sent for his completion. [Kim in HR followed up for me and faxed it to Dr. Moore's office.  Thanks Kim.]

Not too long after, I was moved to Surgical Day Care where I was able to dress and was briefed on the post op instructions.  My ride arrived and I was wheeled out into sunshine.  Apparently there was just a thunderstorm.  Arriving home, I was still groggy and resigned myself to the TV.  I dozed off and on.  Got up to empty the drain, record the output take a pain pill and went to bed.  I had a different kind of pain this time.  It appears that my muscles around my abdomen and back where sore, possible from those uncomfortable beds.  My chest felt tight, but the surgical area seemed to be calming down.

I slept OK, but not great.  I was prescribed an antibiotic that I've taken (and will continue to) but I've only needed one pain pill.

Now the healing - again.  Yup no showers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment