Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Tuesday is confirmed

Technology can be a wonderful thing.  I've always been an early adopter and continue to promote technologies as efficiencies.

During my last stay in the hospital, a technology advocate stopped by to coax me into establishing an account within the Steward Health Care Patient Portal.  It was probably their easiest pitch of the day because I had already created a profile and began poking around.  Nice little tool.

I had some spare time today so went in and noticed a secure messaging service.  In lieu of calling the doctor's office today, I composed a missive asking if the oncologist and radiation oncologist were in agreement with the approach proposed by Drs. Moore and Chatson.  Earlier today I had the drain removed by Dr. Chatson and he mentioned that he would see me Tuesday.  In my mind it was a tentative until we heard from Mehta and Goff and I may have (unintentionally) planted that idea with Chatson.  I didn't want to gum up the works so I confessed this in the secure correspondance.

Conveniently I received an email that I had an email in the portal.  I logged in and got a confirmation about Tuesday.

As it stands, I begin fasting Monday at midnight, arrive at Holy Family Surgical Daycare at 1PM, and have the surgery at 3PM.  I was told that the operating room was booked for an hour and a half, but it shouldn't take that long.  [I was told.  Not sure of the anesthesia recovery time frame.]

Earlier today, Dr. Chatson had pointed out (on my - in the mirror) what was going to happen and what he the results he expected.  He did say he was going to give me a script for an antibiotic and would call it in today.  He wanted me to take it following the surgery.  [Forgot to ask why, but will ask Dr. Moore when I see him on Monday]

At this point I can't shower until Thursday.  I was told the hole for the drain will close up tonight.  I took a very long walk today and was feeling pretty good without that awful drain.

I'm looking forward to enjoying the weather for the next few days since I have not been given clearance to return to work.

I'll take the good with the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment