Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Preparations

It's kind of scary that I know my way around the Holy Family Hospital campus so well that I no longer need to ask for directions.

I visited the lab today for my blood test.   I suppose before my body is polluted with all that badness, there needs to be some baseline measurement recorded to determine the 'before'.  I'm certain along the way there will be more blood letting for comparison.

I was in and out in a flash.  I didn't even feel the 'pinch' when the needle was inserted into my vein.  Either I'm getting used to it or the phlebotomist was doing a phenomenal job.

As soon as I got home I noticed a Massachusetts Health number display on my caller ID.  Answering, it happened to be Dr. Mehta's office scheduling my chemo date.  Although I have yet to decide which poisons to take and my Dana Farber consult is scheduled for next week, I did receive my Holy Family date - June 11th.

Counting out 12 weeks, I come to September 3rd.  Not sure if that's the end or the last dose.  I can never recall my wanting the summer to be over - but I do.  I want this to be far behind me.

More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment